ACM SIGMOD Need-Based Travel Grants for Students (due: May 9th)
ACM SIGMOD has a limited number of travel grants available for undergraduate and graduate students that need financial support in order to attend the 2011 SIGMOD/PODS conference.
Each grant includes a fixed-value travel stipend (up to $1,500). Recipients are required to submit receipts for travel expenses incurred after the conference.
To apply, you must:
- Be a full-time student (undergraduate or graduate).
- Be a SIGMOD member.
- Explain in one short paragraph what is your research and why it would benefit from you attending SIGMOD/PODS.
- Explain with one or two sentences why your advisor cannot support you financially to attend the conference.
Please note that:
- you do not need to have an accepted paper to be eligible
- you are not eligible for the need-based grants, if you are an undergraduate student with an accepted poster or a PhD student with a poster accepted to the Innovative Database Research Ph.D. workshop, since you are already receiving a travel grant to attend the conference. The need-based grants are in *addition* to these two other types.
To apply, please submit your information at: http://bit.ly/sigmod (URL shortener service forwarding to a Google Spreadsheets form). If you have any questions, please feel free to send email to Alex Labrinidis at: <sigmod DOT grants AT gmail DOT com>
- Application Deadline: Monday, May 9th, 2011
- Notification: Thursday, May 12th, 2011
- SIGMOD/PODS Early Registration: Monday, May 16th, 2011